How to workout despite being busy
If you don't enjoy it, you will always find an obstacle. Additionally, body releases stress hormones if you force your body into doing something you intensely dislike doing. So whether it is dragging yourself to office on Monday or lifting a dumbell on a Saturday, if you hate the task, the body 'enables to disable' the effort.
However, there are workarounds to a workout!
If you are reading this, you already know exercise is not only good for you, it is essential. Persisting to exercise will release dopamine hormone that will make you feel satisfied and happy about your journey into fitness.
Here are 8 ways to solve your schedule to get time for daily workouts:
1. Get organized: Make it a priority and not a hobby. If it is important to you, then you will get up and get it done. Consider exercising as normal as brushing your teeth and taking a bathe everyday.
2. Start small: Take small steps by making small goals. You don't really need an hour long workout at thee gym for basic fitness. Begin with smaller milestones, fewer reps, fewer exercises. As your body strengthens, add intensity rather than duration. 10 to 15 minutes of dedicated physical exertion & effort is better than strolling at the local gym for an hour.
3. Designate the hour of your liking: While we have most energy in the mornings, you can explore and discover which hour of the day is your preference and then stick to it without fail. Don't be too upset if you miss one day due to exigencies; life happens. Stay motivated to hit the routine the next day.
4. Timetable for your priorities: Once you know what exercises you want to do and how often you need to do it, create a schedule for a daily and weekly routine. Then mark it out in your calendar. Inspire yourself by writing a target for next month or what you intend for the results will be next week, etc. Don't let rigidity make you so inflexible that it breaks your timetable. Bend the routine / timings / goals when unavoidable.
5. Stack on habits: You can build on good habits by leaving subtle reminders to do more, achieve more and then letting the moment drive you to a new milestone. Let an exercise lead to something entirely new and then let that new exercise become a part of your daily workout plan.
6. Keep it fluid: Well, not regarding hydration, though that's important--allow your concept of a 'workout' to evolve. It does not have to be an hour. It does not have to be the whole 20 minutes or nothing at all. Allow what works to work for you. Maybe take the stairs one day. An afternoon walk after lunch. Skip an unhealthy snack once. Don't let ambition or dedication intimidate you.
7. All cramped up?: Suppose there is no possibility for exercise in certain life situations or circumstances.... well, try focusing on rest and recovery. Ensure you sleep enough and have adequate nutrition. Body needs time to process the effects of exercise, to build muscle or recover from fatigue. A lifestyle change boosts all our active endeavors.
8. Find your joy: Some people may not respond to solitary workouts or even a gym environment. Their body and mind responds better when engaged in sports such as racquetball or tennis or a team-sport such as football, maybe self-defence techniques and even dancing. Alternatively, running in the beautiful outdoors is attractive prospect to many compared to running on a treadmill; cycle around the park instead of the stationary wheel facing a typical gym mirror. Find what type of exercise gives you happiness and motivation to continue.
Now get out and get moving!
* * *
Share your exercise preference and routine by emailing editor@TaiJutsu.art
How to workout despite being busy